What is radon?
Radon is a deadly gas that you cannot smell, taste or see. It causes over 20,000 lung cancer deaths per year. The more radon that you breathe in, the higher the risk of lung cancer, it is a silent, odorless, and deadly killer.
The only way to protect yourself from radon is to have a test done.
Any home, including new homes are susceptible to radon gas.
Could there be radon in my home?
Yes. Uranium breaking down in the water, soil and rocks produces radon. This occurs all over the U.S. When the gas breaks down it can then enter any building and begin to accumulate to dangerous levels if not releaased.
Where can I learn more about Radon?
Should I test for radon?
Yes, because the natural breakdown of radioactive gas is all over the United States and the gas is completely undetectable by human senses. Testing and treating for radon in your home could be a life saving intervention.
Having had a high level of radon in his own home, Patrick understands the importance of testing and treating for radon. After installing a radon reduction system, Patrick was able to bring radon levels in his own home to a very safe level.